Sunday, August 10, 2014

Vacation has come to an end...

Well, it's been sort of an eventful, or sometimes lack-there-of, nineteen day vacation from work. For the first ten years at my job, I never bothered to take a vacation, mainly because I didn't think I could afford it, nor did I think I needed it. Now, I've come to realize that it's a MUST if I am to keep my sanity during the summer months. Usually I would just take an extended weekend, or a week and a few days or something similar. This was the first time I'd ever taken more than thirteen days in a row and now that I have, I may want to keep doing it in the future.

Friday, August 1st- Day 1: I woke up at a fairly decent time and because I had packed the majority of my stuff the night before, I showered, gathered some food, and headed to my parents. Shortly after I got there, I slipped on some loose dirt and rocks on the slope near the stairs of my parents house and nearly broke my ankle. That was fun. It was swollen for the majority of my vacation and even now, it still hurts when I do certain things.

Saturday, August 2nd- Day 2: Mom and I took my new car to Sussex for a "few" things. Came back with the car stuffed full, and we wouldn't have been able to fit anything else in there if we tried.

Sunday, August 3rd- Day 3: Mostly uneventful day, until the late afternoon, when somebody dropped off a wandering dog to my father, who is the resident animal control officer. Our guest for the night, a female mixed-breed hound of some type, and who we nicknamed "Stinky" because she stunk, was not very well behaved except when she had to spend the night in a crate on the floor of our basement.

Monday, August 4th- Day 4: Successfully found Stinky's owner and come to find out, her actual name was Smelly! Who would have thought!

Tuesday, August 5th- Friday, August 8- Days 5-8: nothing really eventful, my parents acquired some unspent fireworks from one of their clients and we were able to set some off every night for a few days.

No comments: